Ok my colour obsession for the Fall/Winter is as follows:
* Burnt Orange
* Gold/Vintage Gold/Gold-leaf
I am particularly into scarves, boots, graphic tees with short jackets. Leather bomber jackets are my love for this season, particularly the sand coloured to deep browns.
As for boots, cream/beige or brown suede is my pick for the season (whether flat or with a small heel). Fortunately for women all around the world, black high heeled boots will always be flattering and in for cold weathers! :) So for an evening look Blacks, leathers, silvers and neutral - bright tones are all a GO-GO!
For daywear to compliment the Heather, Burnt Orange, Browns and Beige tones:
* Sling bag (Hobo, Indie, and crazy patterns!)
* Scarf - Long, loose and unique
* Headbands ARE IN! Especially those with the flat flowers
* Overlaping long to short necklaces
* Belts! Thick, leather and vintage please! :)
As for hair, loose locks are in, waves or loose curls are perfect for this time of year, very soft and feminine. As for those of us who struggle to get the waves/curls (myself included) loose half up/half downs, and side braid/plait is a great alternative. Perhaps add in a small headscarf or unique headband.
Now for your evening look:
* Don't forget to wrap up - so get a great looking woolen coat (especially those with the big buttons -lovelove!)
* Take the scarf again, but this time make it glittery! Sequins are back from the 70's and they are shaking up Fall/Winter 2010!
* Don't be afraid to shine, shimmer is great so pick materials that will enhance your natural glow.
* Nude to neutral shades come alive if they have a shimmer, so be on the look out for them.
* Mini skirts are back - but I didn't say micro-mini (keep that in the 90's closet!) RaRa, to sequined, to satin - they are all back in full force. Just make sure you pair them with the right shoes, be careful pairing them with boots - there is a fine line between stylish and tacky!
* Don't forget the blazer - who said they were for private schools only? They are fantastic! So you have a plain boring black one lingering in your closet? Break it out, add some sequins, a broach, a skinny, sparkly scarf and voila! You have a stylish jacket to hit the nightlife with!
More tips, tricks and stylish ideas to come...Get glitzy gals! :) x