Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara

Sorry I've been MIA again. I have some up coming posts in mind though, having trouble getting all the parts of my camera together since I moved, but anyhow, will be posting more soon!




So I was in need of a new mascara since my Lorac is on its way out. I thought I would give a quick, reasonably priced drugstore brand a go. I used to be a fan of Maybeline Colossal Volume mascara, but figured this time I would give another brand a try. 

I picked up the Covergirl Lash Blast at a local closeout store for only $1.50, brand new in packaging etc. I had seen some good YouTube reviews so figure I would give it a whirl. The pics below will show the before and after.

The brush is a fat rubber end with rather short variated spikes. The spikes are spaced out much further than with an ordinary brush. It can get over loaded with product, so it is one that you have to kind of wipe as you pull it out of the bottle. Also one down side to this is there are no spikes at the end of the head, which is what I usually use to get those super tiny bottom eyelashes in the inner corner, so improvisation is necessary if you are like me!



This is just primer (Urban Decay Potion), base shadow (Sephora Peach) 
and liquid liner (Elf Black)


I have a particular way of applying mascara which always helps to get that very wide, "each-lash-covered" look. I put the directions on the pic, but for those of you would can't see it well enough, this is the idea - apply the wand to lashes when the eye is fully open, roll the wand as you close the eye. For a wand that loads up with product like this one, I try to wiggle the wand as I roll it to ensure that the product is evenly distributed between the lashes, so as not to get clumps. Hope this helps!!!


So this would be the finished product, very long lashes but super natural looking. This is definitely a lengthening mascara rather than a volumizer. If you are looking for the falsies look, try a Maybelline volumizing mascara, particularly those with a full brush.

Overall I really like the product. It does have the ability to clump if you allow too much product on the brush, but the formula is great. As far as lasting, I can go the whole day without any flaking with this, so it appears pretty stay-proof. Getting it off is not a problem either, it certainly removes easily enough with water, or a low pH makeup remover (I use the gentle chamomile remover from The Body Shop).

Hope you enjoyed my review, please post any questions below!
Love&Peace
J x


No comments:

Post a Comment